Sunday 1 May 2016

4 Weeks Pregnant - Baby Number 2!




We've got a little secret... I honestly cannot believe that I'm starting this who amazing journey again!

Due Date;

(By my estimation) 01 November 2016

Symptoms:

Sore boobs! This is actually what led me to test so early because it's just so unlike me and in my head there was only one possible explanation! I've also started to feel tired in the evening's - literally as soon as I found out, I just wanted to sleep!

How I'm feeling:

On top of the world! And still in complete and utter shock!

The night after we found out, we had a date night planned and it couldn't have come at a better time. It's actually the first time that Alfie has stayed out over night for at least 18 months, if not more. So we made the most of it and went to an Italian and I was so careful about what I had to eat. I had to forego a starter of dough sticks and blue cheese which is my absolute favourite, but I didn't care. Knowing I had to protect this little tiny pip inside me was so much more important. We had a wonderful night and it literally all we talked about all night. At some points I felt my eyes filling with tears as we discussed the future and how amazing it's going to be seeing Alfie become a big brother. He will always be our baby and the one who made us parents, but since we got married in 2014, we have both really wanted another baby to add to our family.

We chatted and thought about ways to tell Alfie and ways to tell the family. Michael's birthday is on the 14 March and we'd planned to have the family round, as we always do for birthday's. One of the idea's Michael had was to buy a little baby grow and wrap it up and for me to give it him to open on the day of the party and for him to say something like, Oh, this isn't for me, it's for our new baby which is due in November.  Initially, we loved that idea but over the next few days, I wondered if it was the right thing to do, telling our whole family together. The more I thought about it, the more I thought that our parents may want to find out on their own.  This meant we went back to our original idea of telling our families on Mothers' Day.

I couldn't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment