Monday 29 February 2016

Me and Mine - February 2016





What a lovely month February has been. It's been very quite and laid back, with not much to report. We've seen the sun much more and even though it's been bitter cold, I never mind the cold when the sun is out. I don't think I'm alone in saying this, but I can't wait for Spring.

I think because of the weather it has slowed us down to just have lazy weekends as it's either raining or freezing, but I don't think any of us mind this slower pace at this time of the year. Saying that though, Michael and I were talking the other night, and we've agreed that we really want to make this summer great for Alfie. Last year, we didn't do nearly enough things that we wanted when it was warm, so we've made a promise to be more spontaneous this summer.

I had big plans for this month photo's. In my head, we were going to be on a park somewhere and Alfie was going to be holding a bunch of valentines balloons with Michael and I stood behind him. In reality - it just didn't happen because the one dry day we got, Alfie wouldn't have his photo taken and then I couldn't get any helium to fill just 3 balloons. So my idea went out of the window and we ended up taking them when I got home from work at 5.30pm on Valentines night, just after I'd been given the most beautiful bouquet of flowers off hubby. He even got our wedding florist to do them - extra hubby points earned ;)

Looking back on these pictures, I actually really love them because we've caught Alfie in a good mood!

Here's hoping next month's photo's go to plan!










5 comments:

  1. Awww Nic, I love this months pics. So cute! You're such a lovely family together. Here's wishing March is a fabulous month for you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you lovely. I think these are some of my favourite. It's not often I can get Alfie to willingly participate, so I'm really pleased with these :) I'm really looking forward to March with Mother's Day, hubby's birthday and Easter :) just hoping the weather picks up! xx

      Delete
  2. I love these photos Nic, you all look so close and happy. Sometimes I always think they are ben better when they don't go according to plan. I love the one of you both kissing Alfie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I'm really pleased with them. I love that photo of us too. We've actually got quite a few of us kissing his cheeks like that at different ages & I love seeing how he's changed in them :) XX

      Delete
  3. Aw, this is so sweet! I love the kissing photo, so so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete