Saturday 12 July 2014

22 Months Old

My beautiful boy,



What a month we have had!
 
These months just seem to be whizzing by at an alarming rate! It's now only 6 weeks until me and Daddy get married so I've been really busy planning that and as such, the past few weekends have been running errands and doing jobs.  
 
At the start of the month, Daddy decided he was going to do controlled crying with you because you were getting more and more difficult going to bed at night. Long gone are the days you would fall asleep whilst having your milk and sometimes it was past 9pm when you were going to sleep, which meant me and your Daddy weren't getting much of our evening. So he decided enough was enough. The first night was absolutely awful. You screamed and screamed and cried and shouted for us for a long time. I couldn't bare it. Eventually, I came in your room to sit with you and held your hand. I made sure not to talk to you or get you out. It seemed to work because you eventually fell asleep. The following night, you cried for 15 minutes on and off, which was much more bearable. By the third night, you had cracked it. I had my bridesmaids round for a hair up trial that night, so Daddy took you up and when he put you down there was no crying. I was amazed because on that 1st night, I didn't think you'd ever get the hang of it.
 
Once we had bed time sorted, I still had to work on nap times. They can be hit and miss as sometimes you'll look tired, but when I settle you down for your nap, you will want to keep playing, which is fine if we are downstairs but what I didn't want to do, was to put you down in your cot too early and have to get you back out as I was worried that this would make you want to get up at night. A week or so after you'd started going to bed on your own, I would let you fall asleep in my arms at nap time,  then carry you up to your cot, so at least when you woke, you'd be in your room.  One day I asked if you wanted to go to your cot for a sleep and you pointed and said cot, so I took you up and you went to sleep and you've been the same ever since. We have cracked the sleep thing completely now though as you are napping in your cot and going down on your own at night. It's such a relief. I'm so very proud of you for grasping it in only 3 nights!
 
We had Father's Day this month. Unfortunatly, we didn't spoil Daddy as much as I wanted... The night before, you'd been on a sleep over at Nan and Grandad's as me and Daddy had been out with friends and I was working on the Sunday morning so it meant Daddy woke up on his own. As he'd stayed out the night  before with his friend until very late, we didn't really do much on Father's Day. But I promise we'll make it more special for him next year. You will be 2.5 then, so I will need your help!
 
Eating is hit and miss again. Some meal times you are a joy and will eat every scrap and ask for more, other times more of your food will end up on the floor than in your belly. You are getting better though - it helps because I will allow you to watch Peppa Pig on the iPad whilst I continue cooking for us, so I think it disctracts you enough. Whenever I ask you what you want for  dinner, you will always ask for 'pata and brocci' which is pasta and brocolli. This makes me really happy as I don't like the little green trees. Another favourite is choc choc. We have child locks on the drawers but you can reach your little hand in to get whatever is at the front of the drawer and you will very often help yourself, even if Mummy has said no, but you are so cheeky with it that it's hard to stay mad!
 
Speech - where do I begin with this one? I have said this every month since you started talking, but I am literally blown away by how much you know. The other day we were in the car, and you were saying a word that we couldn't understand... when we figured out what you were saying, it was 'transporter' How on Earth a 22 month old can remember the word transporter and recognise what a transporter, is just totally beyond me! You can easily put sentences together now and you will still take us by the hands and say 'show Mama' or 'show Dada' if you want to show us something or take us somewhere. When we are in the car you will play a game with your Daddy. You will see a van or a bus or something and you will shout what it is and tell daddy to chase it. As we get closer to it, you will say, we're coming, Mummy, Daddy and Alfie coming, then when we pass it, you will shout 'got ya'. It's the cutest thing!!! There's far too many words in your vocabulary to list and you speech is just so clear. I've put a couple of videos of you on facebook recently, one saying Alfie George Bradbury and the other one saying best thing ever and so many people have commented on how good  your speech is for you age, which just makes me so incredibly proud. I am so excited for you to be talking properly. (Although I may regret saying that haha ;) )
 
The cutest things you say which we love, are; 'dub ew' (Love you), best sing eber (best thing ever), Alfie Dorge Brabry (Alfie George Bradbury) ordindge (orange). Gosh Alfie, there's just so much stuff you come out with in your own little way which is the cutest most adorable thing ever.
 
You are very head strong and know what you want and don't want. You've taken to paddying this month if you don't get your own way. We have had a few instances where you have thrown yourself on the floor in a supermarket  and not let us pick you up if we don't let you run riot. We don't want you to be one of 'those' kids, but it's so funny adn we tend to just laugh at you rather than shouting in the middle of the shop. It is so funny ;)
 
Overall, you are such a good boy and I know the naughty spells are just you testing boundaries and knowing what is right and wrong. It can be tricky sometimes as you really can try our patience, but the good far out weighs the bad.
 
I really can't imagine my life without you in it and I am so, so proud of you and I'm so proud to be your Mummy.
 
I love you so much
 
Mummy xxxxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment