Monday 27 April 2015

Meal Planning Monday #6 {27 April}



It's Monday, so it's time for another #mealplanningmonday post. 

Last week seems to have gone by in such a blur - we didn't really do anything much and Saturday is a day I want to forget as it was probably one of the worst days I've had this year, We had already made plans to go to town, so we still went to get out of the house - I really didn't want to stay in. The day got worse as I was sat in the car waiting for Michael who was in a shop 50 yards away, and a traffic warden issued us with a parking ticket. I was in the car with Alfie who was asleep and the traffic warden stood at the front of the car, watching as I tried to  frantically get hold of Michael who hadn't realised that it was pay and display when he'd parked up. The traffic warden was really quite intimidating, which left me feeling really angry and upset, especially after the morning I'd had, so I was in a bad mood for a few hours after the incident and it was just not what I'd needed.

Anyway, I had totally forgot that we were out at my Godmother's on Saturday night as her daughter, who I've known all my life, is moving to Australia for a year, so we went for a little leaving party with her. We followed my Mum up there as they live in Burnley. We took Alfie to the party too, which is something we've never done before - we had arranged to leave him with Michael's parents, but changed our mind at the last minute and took him. I'm really glad we did as he was really on form, and it was nice to see him playing with my Godmother's grandaughter who is just a few months older than him. 

So, with us being out on Saturday, I didn't end up making the burger in a bowl, which I'm really gutted about as I was really looking forward to it, and we also went for an impromptu tea at my Mum's on Friday so we didn't have the full English either. 

This week will see a new routine for us. From tonight and every Monday and Wednesday evening for the next 4 weeks, I'm going to be doing my Social Media course from 7pm - 8pm, meaning I'll have to have tea made, eaten and cleared away and be ready to settle down for the course at 7, whereas sometimes I'm still eating at that time, so I think I'll have to start eating earlier, when Alfie does. 

Our menu for this week isn't very appealing, but we went a bit mad with the chicken and sausages, so we are trying to use those up.


Here's what we are eating this week:

Monday - I am currently full of a cold so have not eaten so Michael had pizza and chips
Tuesday - Gammon, chips and egg
Wednesday - Sausage, Mash and beans
Thursday - Cheese and bacon pasta bake
Friday - Chicken fajita's
Saturday - SW burger in a bowl

Hopefully, I'll be able to make the burger in a bowl on Saturday, as I am really looking forward to trying it - that's this weeks meal I've never made before. 

So, that's us this week. What will you be having?




mpm different fonts.png


*linking up with at home with Mrs M




No comments:

Post a Comment