Thursday 2 June 2016

12 & 13 Week Pregnancy Update - Baby Number 2!



Due Date:

28 October 2016

Symptoms:

I've only had two morning's this week where I was heaving before work, but on Friday night, I was so, so sick! The worst I've been yet I think! I'm starting to get a little bit more energy, but I'm still very tired and taking myself off to bed much earlier than I usually would. Apart from that, it's been a relatively uneventful week.

How is baby? 

The baby is now approximately 6cm and is fully formed. The eyes have moved to the front of  the head, rather than the side and s/he can move it's arms and legs. They're actually moving around quite a lot now, but it will be a while before I will feel anything. S/he will also begin practicing their reflexes this week, like sucking, curling fingers and toes and clenching their eyes.

How I'm feeling?

As you may have noticed, my due date has now changed. I had my 12 week scan on the 21st April and they gave me a date of 28 October, which is four days before my estimated date. Whereas before my scan, my change over day would be on a Tuesday, by the midwives dates, I now change over on a Friday. So, on the day I had my scan, by my dates I was 12 + 2 but they had me down as 12 + 6.  In all honesty, this time around, I'm taking the date with a pinch of salt. I know the first date of my last period and the date of conception. I also know that this baby will come when s/he feels like it.

I was really lucky with Alfie as he arrived at exactly 39 weeks and boy was I so ready to meet him. I'm not sure I could've coped another week by the end, and I dread to think what it would've been like had I have gone over.

I'm going to do a separate post about my scan, so I don't want to say too much about it here, but despite it being the second time I've done this now, I was still incredibly nervous and anxious on the morning. It was just such a huge relief when they were able to tell me that the baby and everything was ok and as it should be.

Now that we've had the scan, it meant that we were FINALLY able to announce our news to the world!

A few people already knew but we put it on facebook and were totally overwhelmed by the congratulatory messages we got. I felt very loved indeed. It was lovely to be able to bask in the excitement for an evening, rather than feeling sorry for myself curled up on the couch. It felt like such a relief to finally be able to announce it and I felt like people, especially at work, were a lot more understanding of why I'd not been myself.

I know I've not really enjoyed this pregnancy so far, but I feel so incredibly lucky to be experiencing this for a second time. One of the things I'm most excited about, is my babies meeting for the first time. I literally cannot wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment