Monday 12 October 2015

Meal Planning Monday #17 {12 October}


It's been just short of 2 months since I last did a meal planning post and I've realised how much I've really missed it. There's something satisfying about having a meal plan for all week so I know what I'm cooking every day and I'm not rushing round trying to get something together last minute when I get in from work. I have tried to plan as much as I could over the summer, but I've not been posting meal plans as I've barely been on the laptop. My hubby and I started watching Sons of Anarchy and it totally took over our evening's and we watched all 7 seasons in a few weeks! As such, I'm not getting withdrawals haha! 

So, I'm back with my head in the game and focussed and I'm really hoping to lose a few pounds before Christmas, so the majority of my meals will be slimming world friendly! 

This week we are having:

Monday: Salmon, veg and new potatoes
Tuesday: sw spaghetti bolognaise or sw lasagne 
Wednesday: Slow cooked diet coke chicken with sw chips and veg 
Thursday: Sausage casserole with mash and veg
Friday: Is usually nacho night, but depending how I feel, I will possibly have pizza and chips (both sw friendly)
Sunday: Chicken, mash and veg

I'm really hoping for a good week on plan. I've recently invested in the morphy richards soup maker after seeing quite a few posts from people on instagram shouting about it from the roof tops and I've already made a lovely leek and potato soup and two batches of broccoli and leak soup. Now, I hate broccoli (and all veg except carrots for that matter) so I was very apprehensive about a broccoli soup, however, I absolutely love it, so I'll be having a few homemade soups for lunch this week. I'm also planning to make some mini crustless quiches to go along side them packed with ham, spinach and peppers.

I've also discovered weetabix muffins, which if you are following the slimming world plan, it's a lovely treat as a great healthy B option - it's literally 2 weetabix crumbled up with 1 teaspoon of sweetener, 1 teaspoon of nutella, 1 teaspoon of sweet freedom syrup, 2 eggs and half a toffee mullerlight yoghurt. Whisk it all together and divide between muffin cases and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. The recipe I followed made 5 which work out at 1 syn each or your healthy B for all 5... However, I made them quite small so I got 6 out of the mixture.  Below is a picture of the end result. 

I've seen them used along side fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, or topped with chocolate spread and banana as an evening treat. However you choose to have them, I guarantee you won't be disappointed! 

If you would like the recipe for the weetabix muffins , just follow the link!


Here's hoping for a good week 'on plan' !

Linking up with at home with Mrs M and you can join in on twitter using the hashtag #mealplanningmonday

No comments:

Post a Comment